What you require
- To be at least 18 years old
- Be able to demonstrate and maintain a level of fitness required to meet the role.
- Be an effective communicator with good interpersonal skills.
- Be able to demonstrate a logical approach.
- Be able to work under pressure, yet stay calm.
- Have a desire to learn.
- Reside or work in the area in which the scheme is based.
- Be able to respond without delay to incidents.
- Complete a criminal records check (Enhanced Disclosure Scotland check).
- Have some first aid knowledge (although not essential).
- Provide a long term commitment to the role
We are currently seeking volunteers who live or work within the community who could spare as little as 6 hours a month. In return you would undergo a two day training course with the Scottish Ambulance Service and on completion would receive a qualification enabling you to attend emergency calls.